Sunday, September 26, 2010

.pork chops.

My next cooking exploration: pork chops in cream of mushroom sauce. It's Sunday, so I figured I should cook something instead of ordering in (especially since we did that last night). So, I decided to try something new and different. Its kind of a combined recipe that I tried and put together in the hopes of tasting good. yikes!

So, lets start.

Ingredients:
- 4 bone-in pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (but I like to use Pam spray)
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup

- 1/2 cup milk
- salt & pepper



Instructions:
- Start by heating up the oil/Pam spray on medium to high heat.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper while the oil is being heated.
- Rub in the salt and pepper with your hands, so it is seasoned thoroughly
- Add the pork chop
- Cook until the chops are brown on both sides
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and set them aside


- Add the soup and milk to the pan
- Stir and heat to a boil
- When it boils, put the pork chops back in the pan and reduce the heat to low
- Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the chops are fully cooked through

And TADA! Pork chops in cream of mushroom sauce. Now you can eat with rice or noodles. I prefer rice. It was actually very good. And that's not just coming from me, but the hubby also said it... I swear. Enjoy!