Wednesday, October 19, 2011

.baby giraffe diaper cake.


I recently made this gender-neutral diaper cake for my coworker's sister-in-law.  She provided me with the Sophie Giraffe Teether for the topper of the cake.  It's a pretty cute toy and it squeaks!  Making diaper cakes are always fun for me.  But the best part of making this cake was the reaction my husband had about the giraffe.  He really really liked it and wanted to keep it. 

Just some background info, my husband has a collection of random things from Pez dispensers,  little green army men, to an awkwardly big BIGGIE doll. And he keeps this collection on top of our TV.  So, when he saw the Giraffe he wanted to add it to his collection. He even put a post-it note in the area where the Giraffe should be.  


I obviously wasn't going to let him keep it (since it technically didn't belong to me).  But I did promise him that as soon as we get pregnant, I will order him a Sophie Giraffe to add to his collection of chotchkies. 

Here's to getting pregnant and adding to his collection :)