Saturday, October 23, 2010

.baklava.


A couple of weeks ago, one of my sister-in-laws gave me some baklava made by her mom and sister. It was the best tasting baklava I have ever had. No exaggeration. It was so good because it was not too sweet and not too crunchy or dry. It was just right. So after tasting the best baklava ever, I was on a mission to find a place that sold baklava that tasted just as good or maybe even better (if that was even possible). I tried some at this middle eastern restaurant in midtown. Bad idea. It was super sweet and dry. Not very good at all. I won't mention the name of the restaurant. I'll keep that info to myself :)

So, I then started an online search to see where baklava was sold in the area. (As you can see, I was really determined as well as craving baklava, in a non-pregnant way.) I came across a bakery's website, called Sam's Bakery in Brooklyn. The website was cute and they claimed to have the World's Best Baklava. My first thought was, "Yeah right, I already had the world's best baklava!"
But of course, I had to try it.
To keep a long story short...
I ordered it...they delivered...I loved it.
Their claim to the World's Best Baklava definitely holds true.


So, of course I had to blog about it, so I can share where I found this yummy treat with all of you.
The awesome bakery is called Sam's Bakery.

You can find them at: 275 94th St, Brooklyn, NY 11209
Contact them at: 347.560.6657
They are open during the hours of: 7am - 7pm all week, 7am - 11pm Friday & Saturday

You can even order online (which I did):
http://www.samsbakery.com/

I have to admit that I have yet to enter their establishment. All the treats that I have had (baklava, spinach pie, & lamb pies) have been ordered online. Although, I did not order the pies, they were given as extras to me to try :) I sure love freebies!

So, If you're in Brooklyn, definitely check them out or even just order online. Trust me. It is so worth it!