Friday, June 29, 2012

.sleep envy.

Is there even a thing called "sleep envy?" Well if there is, I definitely have it. Every night I lay awake and watch my husband soundly sleep while I miserably sit up. Sadly enough, I know this is just the beginning of my sleepless nights.

Since, I've been lucky enough to work from home during my pregnancy, I am able to sneak in some nap time during the day. So I'm not completely functioning with no sleep (thank God). And for some reason, after dinner when John and I are done with the day and relaxing on the couch, I always fall asleep. And it's not a quick little cat nap either. It's more like a 4 hour nap. So, that definitely adds to my sleepless nights. So instead of sleeping through the night, I stay awake until 3 am or so, finally fall asleep, but have to get up every hour to use the bathroom. So, when I'm up, I like to watch John sleep. He sleeps so peacefully and like a baby. I feel bad because since I've been pregnant, I've taken up like 80% of the bed with my big belly and my fort of pillows. But he makes due of his tiny space without ever complaining. What a great husband I have! I'm so glad one of us is able to sleep because after next week, we will both be walking zombies.

I can't wait.